I feel like my attitude has a done a complete 180 since my last post - and it feels amazing! A lot of things have contributed to these good feelings. One obvious factor is it is FINALLY Spring in South Bend! Hallelujah! Green grass, budding trees, birds chirping in the early morning hours, bunnies and groundhogs frolicking in the backyard, and geese honking at us as they strut across the middle of the street. All except for that last thing, I am thoroughly enjoying the change in season. It means sandals and dresses. T-shirts and sunglasses. The top down and the music up in the Mustang.
Oh, and GOLF! Wes and I have been to the driving range a few times, and he's even played a few rounds. I've only been able to go once for nine holes. But it was fantastic. I got sun burnt and didn't even care because it meant I was outside doing something I've come to love with my honey! I played alright. I had some really good shots and some not so good ones. I don't think I've lost anything since last season. Maybe even improved a little bit.
The next factor is related to spring in that it's the month of April. Which means we have that much less time in South Bend and are that much closer to being in Utah - 20 days to be exact. That is music to my ears! As seen on Instagram, I've been crossing off the days on my calendar. It's great to wake up every morning and check off another day. It's not that I hate living in South Bend or anything, it's just nice to have something to look forward to that I really love. Like being home :)
And this gets better because in 12 days we will be in Manhattan. What?!! Haha, a spontaneous trip was planned with our friends on Saturday night a couple of weeks ago. And before you think that we are completely nuts and irresponsible, Wes and I have been planning this vacation for a while. We were initially thinking at the end of the summer before starting our last year of school. We really wanted our friends to be able to go with us, and after looking at the calendar, we realized August wouldn't work for all of us. So we said why not after finals? They were game and we planned a trip to NY! A couple of hours later, we had plane tickets, a hotel room, and tickets to Wicked and Aladdin on Broadway. Heck yes! We are all so excited! And as soon as we get back from our vacation we will be homeward bound. The 23 hour drive is the only downside to this whole going home thing. But we are pretty much experts now in stuffing as much crap as we can into the Mustang. We better be because we are taking both sets of golf clubs, suits and work stuff for Wes, and now work clothes for me...
That's right. I have a job for the summer! And it means employment in the Fall as well. The latest development at work has really made me so happy and incredibly grateful. My supervisor approached me at work last week after she had had a meeting with the site manager. They decided to make an exception for me and put a request in to have me transferred to a local office in Utah for the summer so I can stay employed with Liberty Mutual. She wanted to know if I would be interested. Um, of course! In less than a week, it was approved and settled. I will be working in the Riverton office over the summer and come back to my job in August. I couldn't believe it at first. It all seemed too good to be true - I even said as much to my boss, but she assured me it's really happening. I am so grateful that they would even consider this for me and feel like I'm a valuable employee.
On my way home from work at the end of that week, I had several thoughts that strengthened my testimony of trusting in His timing and moving forward with faith. I had battled over the decision about summer work for weeks and weeks practically making myself sick with anxiety and worry until we decided I needed to come home with Wes and the rest would work out. Well it certainly has. If I had decided to stay in South Bend, this opportunity wouldn't ever have come up at all. They wouldn't have had any reason to transfer me. I also realized that if, when I first told my supervisor of our plans for the summer, transferring me was an option right off the bat I wouldn't be nearly as grateful as I am now. Something about having to face thoughts of the future, not knowing if I'd have a job in the fall, and going through the job hunt a third year in a row and even having to figure out what to do for the summer to stay busy and productive brought things into perspective. I know that I am loved more than I can even comprehend by my Heavenly Father. He is definitely in charge here and knows when and how to put the pieces together for me. This is a total answer to prayers and really the best case scenario for our summer. There's no way I'm responsible for any of this. Except maybe working hard at my job, but, even then, more of the credit goes to Wes for encouraging me and relying on his strength to get me there. Life is good.
Plus, we had general conference, which is always great and it was nice to have a complete weekend off to spend with Wes. Then there was Easter last Sunday with our friends. We gathered together with good food and company to celebrate our Savior on this wonderful holiday. And now it's just the final stretch for Wes with finals and then we are on our way! Oh, life is so good :) Expect an explosion of Manhattan pictures in a few weeks!!
this post makes me so happy! so glad things worked out with your job and i'm sooooo excited for New York!!
ReplyDelete