Thursday, December 11, 2014

November!

{This was originally written shortly after Thanksgiving. I meant to post it then but was waiting on uploading pictures of our Christmas decorations to include them...which I didn't get around to until this morning and they're just quick snaps from my ipad. Sorry for the delay!}


And I thought that October went by fast! Where the heck has November gone?! Seriously though? I suppose it's a really good thing because we're that much closer to the end.

So I got a new position at work, and I think that it has definitely contributed to the speed. I was promoted to the rewrite team at Liberty Mutual and have been in training most of the month. I really like it so far. It's a new challenge and a new skill set. I was really excited when I got the news because they only had a few openings, and it was pretty competitive. Training has been okay, kind of boring, but it's been a day shift so I can't complain. My regular shift in the evening will start again this week.

The other BIG piece of news is that we traded in Wesley's Mustang for a freaking Mercedes!! He is like a giddy little boy still every time we go somewhere. It was only sad for two seconds when we reminisced about all of the good times in the Mustang. If you talk to Wes he'll say that that car is the only reason I started dating him. Which is totally untrue, but a lot of drives and important life talks happened in that car. Like when we first decided to get married. And let's not forget the many drives across the country in that puppy. But the reign of the stang is gone and we've entered into the world of Mercedes owners. The Mustang was getting old and was probably on the verge of some major problems. Not to mention the stellar job it does in the snow...not. The boy needed a new car and he was feeling left out since I got my Jeep. ;) Yes it's probably a bit extravagant, but he loves it and it's an early Christmas/graduation/we're almost done with law school almost a lawyer present. If anyone deserves it, Wes does. And my promotion couldn't have come at a better time.

It's hard to believe that winter is already upon us. I know technically it's still fall, but we've had several snow storms that have convinced me otherwise. I am begging and praying for a mild winter. Or at the very least, something mild in comparison to last winter because I really don't think I can handle the gloom and the cold and the depression again.

In happier news it was Thanksgiving this week! We had a small dinner with our friends Eric, Cambria, their two boys, Will and Finn, and their friend, Jordan. It was very pleasant and tasty of course. I was in charge of the potatoes and rolls and also brought a pumpkin roll. The Graham's have been in Indiana even longer than we have for med school, but Eric will also graduate in the spring. We love hanging out with them and their boys who are quite possibly two of the cutest boys ever. Will tells the funniest stories and cracks me up with his very vivid, active imagination.

After dinner we crashed. Wes fell asleep at like seven since we'd gotten up early to participate in the craziness to pick up the Xbox One. Spoiled man. I Facetimed with my family. It was so so good to see everyone and catch up for a moment. Of course I had to get more than teary eyed by the end of the call. I miss them all like crazy and hate that I have to miss stuff like the holidays. If I'm already crying on Thanksgiving I don't want to think about Christmas. But these will be the last holidays that we're apart like this! Thank goodness.

The rest of the weekend has been spent just hanging out. We decorated for Christmas! I'm rather excited about all of our decorations. What with our homemade tree, new nativity and growing Christmas village plus my newest ceramic piece it's feeling a lot like Christmas.

Our Christmas Village from Grandma Anderson. 

And one in the light. I just need to get a better (white) table runner for it.

Our first Nativity from Shannon! Not the best picture of it, especially with our kitchen in the background, but it is a beautiful set and I love it.

And the center piece.

I love the way this penguin piece turned out. He's so cute!

And of course our Diet Coke tree :)

And that about does it for November. It's amazing just how good life is and how I have so much to be grateful for. It's easy for me to see the negative sometimes and what's not going my way but that's just life. And for the most part mine is pretty darn great. I have THE most wonderful husband a girl could ask for. My parents and family are the most loving and thoughtful supportive bunch and I have excellent friends. I'm grateful for my job and what it enables us to do. I'm so thankful for my musical abilities and the great joy I receive from creating and listening to music. (New songs are up on soundcloud in case you missed it with more in the works) I'm grateful for my health and the miracle of life. I could go on and on as usual but I will refrain from my long winded tendencies inherited from my father ;) to end with a few last things. I'm grateful for the chance to be better every day and my Savior that makes that possible. I'm grateful for His love and the love of my Heavenly Father. I would be much more of a basket case without Their love and the knowledge that my prayers are always heard and answered in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment