Saturday, August 25, 2012

Together

Wes and I have now lived in South Bend for 16 days. Married for 35. We were in California and Mexico for our honeymoon. Drove through Wyoming, Nebraska, Iowa, and Illinois before arriving in Indiana. On the two day drive we saw a lot of nothing, corn fields, rolling hills, farms, and lots of green - match the description to the state in the sentence before ;)

But we made it! we love having a place to call our own. And it is our own - full of our furniture, pictures, and belongings. Not to mention our books. It didn't feel like our home until our books were in their places on our two book shelves. What really makes it home though, is that we're together. Knowing that when we go to sleep at night, we'll wake up right next to each other. together.

...

I wanted to start a blog as a way to stay in touch with all of our friends and family back home in Utah. So many of you want to hear about our adventures, well this is going to be the place to find them. No promises on how frequently I'll write - may depend on my job situation, which right now is still trying to be found - but hopefully posts will come often. Leaving home was hard - it's still hard to be in a place where Everything is different. But it is also good. and I want to share all the good things, and maybe the not so good things, with the people that I love and miss most.

So here's to reading and writing about Wes and I, together.

6 comments:

  1. Yay! Now we can hear all about your fun adventures :). Out of the blue today Isaac said, "I miss Anna." It was cute, but sad because we all feel the same way. But the kids remembered that they'll see you at Christmas so that was comforting :). So glad to hear that things are going well! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is the cutest thing ever! I love Isaac, and I miss him, and all of you, too. :) It is comforting to know that we'll be back in a little while, and in the meantime we have sophisticated ways of staying in touch :) Love you All!

      Delete
  2. Hope for the best. You will do great!

    ReplyDelete