Saturday, January 5, 2013

Year in Review

A new year brings plans for needed changes and achieving dreams, as well as looking back and seeing where you stood a year ago and marveling at the distance traveled. I think it's safe to say that everyone does these things, to varying degrees. My goals were set December 31, but I didn't Really start to ponder the past year until last night. 

In a nutshell, 2012 was a pretty fantastic year for me and definitely the most eventful year to date. So here's my year in review:
  • Began my last semester of college. Woot!
  • Started dating Wes :)
  • Started writing songs and loved it
  • Started dating Wes. Seriously
  • Graduated from BYU with my Bachelor's. Yay!
  • Fell in love
  • Got engaged
  • Planned a wedding
  • Received my endowment
  • Got married to the love of my life!
  • First time on an airplane
  • First time on a cruise ship
  • First time outside the US
  • Moved out of my parent's home
  • Moved across the country
  • First Notre Dame football game
  • Called to serve in a Branch
  • Home for Christmas :) plus many more things
I had big plans for 2012. I knew I was going to graduate...then what? I wanted to move out, buy my own car, get a full-time job, live the 'single' life, and think about a mission, future career/more schooling, and eventually marriage. Well, I think I can check most, if not all, of those big things off the list even if they did happen in the most unexpected ways. And I believe I have Wesley to thank for that. I'm so grateful for the way it all happened, unexpected or not, because it's exactly what I needed. 2012 was a year of firsts. And second chances :)

So here's to 2013! Who knows what will happen? But I'm excited to live it and love it knowing Wes will be right there with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment