Sunday, March 17, 2013

spring break

I forgot how nice spring break is. BYU will do that to you ;) Even though I'm not in school, Wes had spring break this past week, and so I took the whole week off of work - so nice and much needed, though I'm struggling with the motivation to go back...

Anyway, here are some of our adventures of the week:

Monday - Wes went to the dentist. Super exciting, I know, but it's not like my house cleaning, laundry and grocery shopping can really compare to that. haha so it was a typical day.

Tuesday - We went to the American Pancake House for breakfast and were quite impressed with our delicious breakfast. (insert picture of large plate with pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, and hot chocolate since I forgot to take one)
I took Wes home to do what he wanted and then went shopping! After hitting up TJMaxx, I'm now ready for spring, if only the Indiana weather would cooperate...it didn't get above 45 degrees all week :(

Wednesday - Pure laziness all day. And it was fantastic.

Thursday - More shopping for me followed by a run at Notre Dame.

Friday - Studebaker Museum and the Oliver Mansion. The museum was three levels of nothing but old cars restored to perfection. They even had some carriages and buggies. Seeing the history was very cool.


I really liked the color combo on this one and the little back seat that sort of pops out of the back.

This was probably our favorite car overall style wise.

The Oliver Mansion was gorgeous! Built in 1897, it was one of the first homes in South Bend to get electricity throughout. The family made their money during the industrial movement in the area, and everything in the house is exactly as they had it. It was donated to the city with all of their belongings in it. Beside the hand carved wood work and the lavish furnishings, my favorite was the sunny music room off of the main hall. The Steinway grand piano in it was beautiful! Wes stole a picture before the tour guide told us no photography.

This is part of the library

This isn't the Oliver mansion, but a home about a block away that was built around the same time. Pretty sure it was the Studebaker's and has now been turned into a fancy restaurant. Just to give you an idea of what we saw.

After these fun tours, we went to a pub downtown to get some delicious fish and chips.

In between all of the relaxing, I was still quite productive with baking, reading a few books, and working on my music. Wes also got a lot of studying and exam prep done. The best part was being able to spend so much time with Wes! Back to the grind tomorrow, but it will only be eight more weeks until we're homeward bound for summer break!

We got to sit in one of the cars at the museum - lighting not so great for this pic! Still, such a fun day and week.

No comments:

Post a Comment