Today is one of my favorite days of the year! You can't beat great food, especially when it involves pie :) But more than that, it is a day of family and friends coming together and being unified in gratitude. We have our dinner later today with our friends, which will be lots of fun. I was writing in my journal this morning and thought I'd share what I wrote about what I am grateful for on this Thanksgiving Day.
. . . . .
Every single day and more I am grateful for Wesley. He means everything to me and I have never been happier. He makes me laugh and smile with his silliness and his ways. He makes me a better person. I learn a lot form him and his vast knowledge of basically everything I don't know about in this world. He tells me when I'm being ridiculous and when I need to be a big girl and suck it up (but much nicer than that). He loves me for exactly who I am. And that's all I try to do for him.
I'm grateful for my family. My parents have always been and continue to be a huge source of strength in my life. They helped me become who I am today. They love me unconditionally and are my biggest fans. My dad is my hero, and my mom is my ultimate example of everything lovely. I love my siblings and my unique relationship with each of them. I love listening to them. I love laughing with them. I love talking with them. Even when I am frustrated with some of them. They are examples to me. Some of them have produced the amazing little bright spots in my life - I'm grateful to be an Aunt! I love each of my nieces and nephews. They are all the smartest, cutest, sassiest, funniest, and most beautiful children to grace this earth. I love watching them grow and turn into their own little selves. I am also grateful for my extended family and the amazing family that I married into! It is such a blessing to be a Harward. I can't leave out my friends, old or new.
I'm eternally grateful for my Heavenly Father, Savior, and the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that I am a child of God. I know that I have a loving Father and Brother. They've provided all of us a way back to them. And not only a way back but to be better. I'm so grateful for their love. I feel it every day. I feel it when I list off everything else in my life. I'm so grateful for prayer. I'm grateful for the priesthood, for temples, for the sacrament, for church and leaders, for a prophet, for scriptures, for primary and callings. I am not Anna without The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
I'm grateful for my job. For my coworkers. I'm grateful for the things my job provides for like our warm apartment and all we fill it with. A car even though I despise it in the winter. For my clothes and my body and health. It never ceases to amaze me the strength and resilience of the human body. I'm grateful for life in color and for the beauties of the world. I could go on and on but will end with music. Listening to it. creating it. all of it. I have so so so much to be grateful for! And the list grows as I get older and see the Lord's hand in my life more and more. My heart is full. So from Wes and I in little South Bend, Indiana, Happy Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment