Sunday, November 3, 2013

Just An Update

I'm not quite sure how it's November already, but I'm okay with it because that means Christmas is less than two months away! Yes, we will be back in Utah for the holidays, and I could not be happier. And it will be a longer trip than last year because Liberty Mutual is that awesome - I really like my job :)

Speaking of my job, I'm still in training, but I've been taking real phone calls for the last few days and it hasn't been a complete disaster! Wednesday and Thursday of this last week were spent with a mentor on every single one of my phone calls coaching me and helping me through the sticky spots, and the not so sticky. But Friday I was on my own, as was the rest of the new hire group. We only had a few mentors walking around the room to help answer questions. The training wheels came off rather fast, but I survived! More than survived really. I came home Friday night feeling super about myself and my performance that day. Thankfully, I didn't have too many difficult calls or unhappy customers. And a lot of my questions for the mentors were just confirmation of what I was already going to tell my customer. We'll see how the next two days go, but this was a big confidence booster. It will be back to the training classroom though until December to learn all of the knitty-gritty.

Wes had fall break recently, and is still plowing through school like a boss. I'm so proud of this guy. We're almost to the half-way point: CRAZY! We've been loving our callings in the Plymouth Branch. It really feels like home there! The young men just celebrated 100 years of scouting, and the primary had their program a few weeks ago. I love those kids and all of the wonderful people we get to see each week. Singing time in primary is proving to be a challenge, but I absolutely love it! I have such fond memories of primary, and the songs I learned there are still some of my favorites. Teaching and singing primary songs is such a wonderful way to teach the gospel and to share my testimony.

Besides our callings, school, work, and songwriting for me, we are pretty boring. haha :) Halloween was spent watching The Witches. I fell asleep, what else is new, but before I did, Wes made fun of me for being just as scared of this movie as I was when I was a little girl and would watch it with my brothers. It's a freaky show, okay? :) We did snap this picture that night but that's about as exciting as we get.

Gotta love the forced smile from Wes ;) This pic was requested by his lovely mom, Shannon, and probably would not have been taken otherwise. haha :)

I'm sorry for being a poor blogger this year. But Happy Halloween. Happy Fall. We may not have much to write about these days, but life is still so great and we are so happy. I have found a really great groove right now - I don't miss home and school and what I had in Utah. (still miss home and family obviously, but that constant ache and longing isn't quite as strong) Being home for the summer definitely improved that. I have fully adjusted to life in South Bend and know how to be me. And it is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment