Sunday, September 29, 2013

Truly Blessed

Well. We've been back in South Bend close to two months now. In that time, Wes has started his second year of law school after his very successful first year and summer internship. He left me for a week to continue interviewing with firms in Salt Lake for next summer. All of his hard work paid off when he accepted an offer last week from a great firm, Stoel Rives. He is really excited for summer and his time with them, and I am so proud of him!

After a couple months of job searching, I started last week with Liberty Mutual in their call center in Mishawaka. They're a really great company to work for, and I think I will really enjoy my time with them. I'm just happy that I have a job again and can contribute to our family!

Before I started working, I had a lot of time to basically do whatever I wanted. I was anxiously looking for work, of course, but even after I secured my job there was still a three week wait before I would start. I enjoyed reorganizing our apartment and deep cleaning it after our summer absence. I got back into the kitchen and started trying new recipes - thank you Pinterest and wonderful food bloggers. And, as I already sort of announced, I worked on recording and writing music! In case you missed it, I posted two songs to Sound Cloud already and another one is coming today. Check out my Facebook page for the links.

I also had time to just reflect on the wonderful summer we had and to really see just how blessed we have been in our first year of marriage. I could not ask for a better husband and family. I know that I am loved by my Heavenly Father, and He is so good to me and my family. Wes and I are truly blessed.

1 comment:

  1. yay!!!! I love you and your family :) & your job!! So happy you aren't at the bank again!!!

    ReplyDelete