Sunday, October 7, 2012

I'll Be Home For Christmas

Getting a job has been a wonderful blessing and much needed for our home and my sanity. But being a new employee means little to no time off, especially during the holidays. Knowing this fact, I tested the water by asking fellow employees if they thought I could get time off during Christmas (because the thought of going home has been a huge comfort for me being here in South Bend, not to mention that Wes' little sister, Jamie, is getting married five days before Christmas). Needless to say, going home is really, REALLY important to me, and the thought of not being able to is one I can't even stomach.

The prospects looked grim the more I talked to coworkers, but I went ahead and emailed my boss and explained the situation. Many emails followed with further questions and me anticipating the final word. More than just my hopes were on the line because so was our budget - We've been watching ticket prices gradually increase, and we know they will only continue to do so.

But after agonizing for two weeks wondering and waiting to see if Wes and I would be able to go home for Christmas, the verdict finally came in: We're going home!! Woohoo! Purchased plane tickets Friday night. We're flying in late the 19th of December and leaving the 26th. It seems like nothing in comparison to the four weeks Wes gets off from school, but I'm just grateful to have the days that are the most important. I have to work crazy hours before and after our trip, but it will be well worth every second :)

"I'll be home for Christmas
You can plan on me
Please have snow and mistletoe
And presents by the tree
Christmas Eve will find me
Where the love light gleams
I'll be home for Christmas
If only in my dreams"

Yay!! See you December 20th!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Anna, I know just how you feel. We would come home often. I am so very happy for you that you are able to come home. Cherish each time and it will get you through all the times you miss home and all the happenings of loved ones you seem to be missing. Just remember that you are where the Lord wants you. (you already know this!) I am also excited for you to serve in a Branch. It is amazing to be outside of Utah to serve and work with so many people that come from different backgrounds. That and a few other things are what I miss about the South. We will be watching the BYU/ND game in 10 days. We hope you have fun too! Also we will be watching the BYU/GT game. We will be driving around with a GT and BYU flag on the Suburban the whole week before. I think of you often and you are in our prayers. Have a fabulous day! Love, Aunt Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Aunt Julie, for your love and prayers! We feel them and are so grateful for the blessing of family. I'm glad that I can experience similar things to your family and be strengthened by it!

      Delete