Wes has developed a bad habit of leaving cupboard doors and/or drawers partially open in our kitchen. As his wife, I lovingly tell him this and remind him to close them all of the way.
One such instance of reminding happened when I ate the last tortilla from the bag. The tortilla was all hard and dried out because "someone" had forgotten to seal the bag. I casually mention this fact, and that it's similar to the cupboard doors.
Some time later, I had been reading on the couch in the living room, I walk into the kitchen and see this:
Every single cupboard and drawer, OPEN. At this point, all I can do is laugh. :) I guess this is what I get for all of the nagging, haha!
In Wes' defense, the cupboards and drawers don't close easily. You think you've given it a good enough push to close all of the way and it only closes half way. And, in truth, Wes is a very clean and organized person almost all of the time. He gets after me for leaving papers and books out on the table or couch. He was having a hard time with this post as he read over my shoulder and is still threatening to start his own blog "to refute this vicious pack of lies or sue for libel," whatever that means. haha
This is just one of many jokes between us. We love each other, and we have so much fun spending each and every day together - all of which are filled with laughter :)
I just died laughing. I hope my marriage is as adorable as yours someday!
ReplyDeleteGood old-young married couples. Hehe. And to think you are just starting! Haha. At least you guys can laugh about it later.
ReplyDeleteDear Anna, I am writing as a witness for the defense!
ReplyDeleteI think Wes may not be responsible for his actions in this case! When I read your blog, I thought back on the MANY times I bashed my head on an open cupboard door when Liz and I were first married. One time, fighting the symptoms of a concussion, I "gently" brought this subject up with my new wife. The cupboards were high in that apartment, and at 5 feet 2 inches, my Liz replied, "Well, they're not in MY way if they're open!" So I suspect that Wes came by this cupboard door trait honestly--I think he inherited it from his Aunt Liz! Love, Mike and Liz
How do you know it was Wes leaving everything open and ajar? You've seen The Sixth Sense right? Just kidding. That is funny; I and every other couple have similar situations with things that one person does or does not do to the other persons liking or satisfaction.
ReplyDelete