Tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day. I am grateful for the things I have every day, but Thanksgiving is a good excuse to write about it and to be especially grateful. This list is nowhere near complete or specific enough, but it will do for now.
I am thankful for:
The basics - food, water, shelter, clothes, etc. the daily necessities. The things that I hope to never take for granted because so many go without them throughout the world.
Music - One of my greatest joys is in listening, making, and appreciating music in all forms. I'm thankful for my mother who instilled this love in me from a young age, and I'm thankful for the ability to play musical instruments.
Learning - I'm so grateful for the excellent education I've received and for the constant learning that takes place in my life. I'm thankful for my ability to learn and to love it!
A job - even if it's not my favorite, it serves its purpose, and I am able to help other people.
The beauties of this earth! Nature never ceases to amaze me. I most particularly love sunrises and sunsets. Even though they happen every day, each one is unique and beautiful. And I rely on the fact that they always come.
The gospel - I would not be who I am without the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I am thankful to know the way to live a happy and fulfilling life. I am so grateful for the gift of prayer and to know that I am never alone. I'm grateful for my Heavenly Father and for His son and for the Atonement.
Friends - Near and far, I have incredible friends, and I love them dearly.
Family - So so so grateful for my forever family! My siblings are my best friends and my parents are my greatest examples. I miss them every day, and each day I am more and more grateful for them.
And Wesley. I thank my Heavenly Father every single day for this man who is my best friend and the love of my life.
I have so much to be grateful for! And I know where all of my blessings come from.
Happy Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment