So, it's been a week since my last post, and I'm done waiting for the news I last wrote about. The anticipation ended Wednesday actually - sorry for the delayed response.
Short story: I got the job, and I start tomorrow! And our calling is one that came out of left field, but we are so excited.
Long version: Last Monday's interview went well. I felt really good about everything and was confident in my performance. Tuesday - call from the operations manager and she says there is another position open at a different branch but more hours. Interested? YES. Later Tuesday I get a phone interview with the manager there. Again, feel really good and even more confident. Wednesday - email comes with a job offer! Woohoo! Like I said, I start tomorrow with orientation and training for two weeks, then working at the Maple Lane branch.
The peace of mind that securing a job brings is great. One constant worry is now off of my mind. I'm ready to have my weeks full and busy again and to bring home the bacon ;) Oh, and I'm excited to wear some new clothes! (date night this week was shopping at the mall :) we spent more on Wes than on me. haha)
Back up to Tuesday night now. We met with our stake president, and we have been asked to attend the branch in Plymouth - a town about 45 minutes south of South Bend. They have lost a lot of members recently due to economic difficulties, and they need some strong members to reinvigorate the branch. We were not expecting this. Or anything like this. But we are so excited! Wes especially because he has served in many branches before on his mission and has loved his experiences in them. This will definitely be very different for me, but I'm looking forward to all of it and the missionary experiences that we will have.
This week has been full of great moments, and it has reminded me to trust in the Lord's timing. I wanted a job weeks ago - He knew I needed this one, this week. We were ready to serve in the South Bend ward - He needs us in Plymouth. I know these things are right, and I am so excited to see what lies ahead.
Looks like things are going good and some neat adventures. I look forward to reading more blogs.
ReplyDelete