Sunday, September 23, 2012

Wes was right!?

Our first Sunday attending the Plymouth Branch. First I have to say that the drive to the building was very pretty. The leaves here are just starting to turn (love Autumn), so I look forward to future drives when the trees are all 'on fire'. Utah highways are ugly. Especially compared to the green, tree lined roads we get to drive on here. Though the little towns we drove through reminded me of Sanpete County - small, old homes with property and the occasional large, beautiful home with gorgeous property. Also passed a drive-in movie theater.

Anyway, we get to the small Branch building and discover that today is their Branch Conference. The Stake Pres. greets us and asks me if I'm bashful. I laugh and say no, and he replies 'Good. Anything can happen in a Branch'. We sit down and Wes tells me I'd better be ready to speak. No way! They wouldn't do that. But he just smiles at me, and my heart starts to beat a little faster and my mind starts casually preparing what I might say, just in case Wes is right.

The program is announced - my name is not said. Whew, I relax and enjoy the speakers. Except I keep feeling very...emotional is the only word that comes to mind. I keep feeling so many things and my thoughts are everywhere. Pres. Jones gets up to speak and says instead that we will hear from Anna Harward first...

Wes was right! Darn it, haha. So I get up and bear my testimony to people I've never met. I first tell them what transpired since the start of the meeting and that anything really does happen in a branch. They laughed. The spirit then hit me so strongly that these people are good and faithful saints of God, and I was so humbled to be in their meeting today. I bore my testimony simply - while fighting through some tears and a squeaky voice, of course.

After taking my seat, I was still really emotional for a few reasons. The Holy Ghost again bore witness to me that I am in the right place and here for a reason. I know that Wes and I will be able to do so much good while we serve in Plymouth. I also felt the wonderful love of my Heavenly Father - that he truly knows me and is mindful of my needs. He knew I needed to bear my testimony today and that maybe someone needed to hear it. I'm so grateful that Pres. Jones felt inspired to call upon me today and that Wes helped prepare me for this situation, even if I didn't want to admit that I knew he was right ;) I'm also grateful to have received personal revelation and to have been a part of this neat experience. It may have been a really simple thing, but simplicity is often where the most profound things happen.

I love being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints! Can't wait for more Sundays in Plymouth, Indiana.

2 comments:

  1. AH!!! :) Now I'm scared to come with you guys in a couple weeks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet, beautiful post! Thanks for sharing your testimony and I really enjoyed talking to you last Wednesday. Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete