Saturday, September 1, 2012

OUR HOUSE - the living space

One morning this week, I finally remembered to take photos of our apartment. The lighting is not the best, nor are the photographer's skills, but you get the idea of what our house looks like (: 

So here is the view of the place from the door as you walk in - Kitchen is off to the right, but this will come in a later post.

door. what you just 'walked' through
Wesley's work station.
(Wes and I are watching the first Notre Dame game of the season as I'm working on this, and he has been reading over my shoulder. He complained that his desk doesn't normally look like that - he usually has more fancy Apple stuff out and "all that junk usually isn't there. like the headphones. and that book. and that glass" My husband likes a very tidy house :) So he wants another picture of his desk. I'll get one with him in his chair to show what the desk truly looks like.He also just said he's going to start a blog called 'The Rebuttal" because I may have moved some of my stuff and papers and such out of the way to take the pictures, but didn't pick up his space. He feels misrepresented.)

comfy couch. and ottoman

entertainment center. and bookcases
We thought that the bookcases were the exact same size, but to our surprise they were not. Wes was ready to go buy another as soon as the taller one was put together because it was "going to drive him crazy" (and apparently it was going to drive me crazy too, but I don't recall saying any such thing) But eventually he decided - and just said this to me again today - that he really likes them the way they are. ha ha

view from our back door
We love this because it lets in a lot of great light during the day, and the sound of crickets and sightings of fireflies at night. Plus we've basically got a forest to look at and not another apartment building - so lovely.
(Wes says I need to take another picture of this outside of the glass door to "get more of the outside" and what it really looks like. I'll work on that.)

dining table. and guitar
 Looking back to the front door you can see my beautiful guitar and our dining table. Eventually I'll get some of our wedding family pictures printed and up on that lonely wall...

You can kind of see this in the first picture walking into the apartment, but this sign separates the dining space from the living space. These words are special to us because they are some of the words the Sealer spoke to us in the Temple. The Harwards made it for us, and we love it.

So here we are, in our little apartment, loving the one we've found.

No comments:

Post a Comment